FIRST IMPRESSIONS MATTER
Taking the time to prepare your home maximizes its appeal and provides an “ buyers, resulting in a shorter market time and assuring the highest return possible.
BEFORE PRESENTING YOUR HOME TO BUYERS
Go through our Marketing Preparation Guide to prepare your home for sale.
BEFORE BUYERS AND AGENTS COME TO YOUR HOME
- Turn on all inside lights, even during the day.
- At night, turn on outside lights.
- Keep room temperatures around 68 degrees.
- Keep pets in a separate area or remove frompremises.
- Put money and other valuables away and outof sight.
- Open all draperies and shades.
- Open all doors inside the home, except closets.
WHEN AN AGENT SHOWS YOUR HOME
- A buyer will likely spend more time previewing your home if you are not in the home. (Let your agent do his/her job.)
- If you can’t leave home, group children around the television with the volume on low or have them play in a specially designated area.
- Don’t precede or follow the buyer through your home. (Let your agent do his/her job.)
- Let the sales associate show and sell your home, discuss upgrades and amenities and present your home professionally.